September 28, 2019 | 0 comments

There are many English language diplomas out there, so which English language diploma should I go for.  So the question is – Which English language exam diploma?

English language diploma chart

Diploma chart

Which English language exam diploma?  That is a good question.

1. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)

TOEFL is an English certificate which aims for academic use and is taken all around the world.

  • Reading comprehension
  • Listening Comprehension
  • Speaking
  • Written Expression

This is a computer base exam.

2. International English Language Testing System (IELTS)

IELTS is widely recognised in all English-speaking countries

  • listening (40 minutes)
  • reading (60 minutes)
  • writing (60 minutes)
  • speaking (11-14 minutes)

This adds up to a test lasting about 3 hours.

3. Cambridge English Examinations (FCE), (CAE), (CPE)

Cambridge English Language Assessment (formerly the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations) offers English language certificates for different language levels.
the first English exam FCE

CAE the advance English exam.

CPE proficiency English – the highest exam on the Cambridge list.


  • Reading
  • Writing
  • Use of English (Grammar use etc.)
  • Listening
  • Speaking

Cambridge also do business exams, the BEC business exam certificate has three levels, elementary, vantage and high.

so which exam should you be doing in your part of the world.

Studying in North America

In US or Canada, TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is the most logical test for you to take. It’s recognised as the standard test of English ability by most universities.

In England or Australia  students should be going for the IELTS

If you’re in the UK, the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test should be the first exam you consider. It includes Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing tests, with a choice between Academic and General Training in the Reading and Writing sections.

If your main goal is to study at a university, then the Academic focus is better. If you are planning to live or work abroad, then the General Training test is probably a better bet.

I want to work in an international company

TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) is THE test for the workplace. With more than 3 million test-takers every year, it is widely recognized by companies worldwide for measuring employees’ English level.

Business is my cup of tea

BEC (Cambridge Business English Certificate) is a series of 3 proficiency tests, The tests – BEC Preliminary, BEC Vantage, and BEC Higher – cover skills necessary for business situations, like making presentations, negotiating,  and writing business letters.

many online schools prepare students for the above exams and at ESO all teachers are native and fully qualified to teach all levels of the above exams.

want to know more:
or go to the school website:



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Keep in touch

SSL Certificate

Symantec Security SSL

Secure payment

Pay with Visa Pay with Mastercard Pay with America Express Pay with Discover Pay with Delta
Pay with Paypal
Bank Transfer Payment
Copyright © 2020 English Study Online, All rights reserved | Privacy policy | Terms and conditions